If you’re a small or mid-sized manufacturer, or are facing the challenges of low-volume, high-mix production, you may be wondering if robots are right for you. Ask yourself these questions:
Do I need to automate?
If you answer yes to one or more of these issues, then automation is definitely worth considering.
- Competition is stiff and I need new ways to cut costs
- I need to improve product quality
- I need to reduce waste – in time, materials, or both
- I need more flexibility to adapt to changing product demand
- I’m struggling to fill positions for repetitive, manual jobs
- Temporary workers aren’t reliable or take too much time to learn our processes
- Repetitive or dangerous processes are impacting my workers’ health and safety
- I need to grow my business without overextending
What are my robot options?
Robotics for manufacturing typically falls into one of two categories: industrial robots or collaborative robots (cobots). For many small and mid-sized manufacturers, cobots are an ideal option. They can work in a small space, alongside humans (no caging or guarding required), and can be redeployed as needed.
Can I afford to automate?
Calculate how fast your investment will pay for itself by comparing total annual expenses.
What processes can I automate?
Cobots are ultra-flexible tools that can perform a similar range of applications as the human arm. But the cobot has a wider range of motion, doesn’t get tired, and can perform dangerous tasks without risk of injury. There are many processes you could automate with a cobot:
- Pick and place
- Packaging and palletizing
- Analysis and testing
- Injection molding
- Quality inspection
- Machine tending
- CNC loading/unloading
- Gluing and dispensing
- Repetitive, manual processes
If you’ve decided robots make sense for your business, let’s chat. Cobots can help grow your business, improve productivity and quality, and provide better and safer work conditions for your employees – visit our website for more information.